Sunday, October 13, 2013

Song Story: Finding Tinker Bell




Finding Tinker Bell was born out of a game I played with my father when I was small. The song touches on the faith of a child and why we need to hang on to that ability as an adult.


When I was a little girl Tinker Bell would visit me
Whenever I was in my daddy's arms or playing at his feet
Her tiny fairy wings sparkled with gold as she danced around the room
Together we would laugh and play in the bright light of afternoon

But when I was a little girl my friends, they laughed at me
When I told them of my fairy friend they said she couldn't be
I ran into my father's arms broken and close to tears
He said "Baby girl, tell me about your fears."

Sometimes it's best to believe in things we cannot see 
To figure out what matters
Just let go of all your fear and doubt
Close your eyes and see
Go find Tinker Bell

Somehow I became a grown up girl, a heart and mind all my own
Tinker Bell became a faded thought, a memory of a childhood home

My soul was selfish, I was lost and alone
I longed for something more
From within me an answer came from a lesson I'd learned years before.

Sometimes it's best to believe in things we cannot see
To figure our what matters
Just let go of all your fear and doubt
Close your eyes and see
If you close your eyes you'll see
I'm Finding Tinker Bell


No comments:

Post a Comment